We have many years of experience in conducting commercial arbitration proceedings administered by (international) arbitration institutes such as the ICC, NAI, LCIA, DIS, and CEPANI.
The same applies for arbitration-related court proceedings, for instance about the recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards, annulment of arbitral awards, or the challenge of arbitrators. We also assist clients in seizing assets or conducting preliminary witness examinations for the purposes of arbitration proceedings.
Naturally, we also assist in the drafting of arbitration clauses: which arbitration institute should administer the proceedings, which law should govern the merits, what should be the place of arbitration?
Our lawyers also regularly see “the other side”, when they are appointed as arbitrator or secretary in NAI and ICC proceedings. In addition, Alexandra drafts the Dutch part of the Practitioner's Handbook for International Commercial Arbitration. She is often requested to provide second opinions on Dutch arbitration law. Alexandra has been listed in the Who is Who Legal: Arbitration for years.
Recent arbitration related work includes:
- representing a Romanian engineering company in a EUR 18 million ICC arbitration arising from a construction project;
- representing a Serbian company in a EUR 20 million arbitration NAI arbitration;
- several recognition and enforcement proceedings of arbitral awards rendered in Austria, Switzerland, and Serbia;
- providing a legal expert opinion on Dutch arbitration law to the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court; and
- providing a second opinion in the matter of an enforcement of a EUR 400 million Eastern European judgment in the Netherlands.
For more information, please contact Alexandra Schluep.